Shirataki Chicken Noodle Soup
Shirataki chicken noodle soup – a keto and low carb savory, mouthwatering, heart-warming soup, exploding in flavor and deliciousness! This soup is rich and healthy and contains only 5 net carbs.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time40 mins
Total Time50 mins
Wash the chicken and leave on a colander to dry.
Chop the onions, garlic, and celery.
Add oil to instant pot and press the sauté button.
Add onion and garlic and stir fry for about a minute.
Add celery and stir for a few more minutes till it just begins to soften.
Add the chicken, water, chicken stock, smoked paprika pepper, black pepper, thyme, bouillon powder, cayenne pepper, and salt.
Switch the instant pot to manual mode and cook on high pressure for 20 mins.
Do a quick release by switching the valve to the venting position.
Take out the chicken, shred it and put it back.
Add the coconut aminos, taste for salt and adjust spices as needed.
OPTIONAL: For meal prepping, freeze now, before adding the shirataki noodles.
Switch the instant pot to sauté mode and add the shirataki noodles.
Let simmer for about 5 minutes and garnish with parsley.
Serve and enjoy!
2g net carbs per serving.
- If meal prepping, don't forget to freeze BEFORE you add the noodles.
- Cook the chicken with the skin. When you take it out to shred, you can remove the skin then.
- When the soup cooks, do a quick release and not a natural release. In other words, open the release valve so the pressure can be released quickly.
- Always leave the instant pot lid open on saute mode.
- You can substitute coconut aminos with 1 tbsp of crayfish, if you have that on hand.
Calories: 150kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 52mg | Sodium: 260mg | Potassium: 163mg | Vitamin A: 180IU | Vitamin C: 1.2mg | Calcium: 13mg | Iron: 0.4mg