Tasty Spaghetti Squash Recipe
This incredibly tasty spaghetti squash recipe, fused with flavorful bell peppers and herbs, has a spicy kick that takes it to a whole other level!
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time45 mins
Total Time1 hr
- 1 spaghetti squash
- ¼ bell pepper
- ¼ onions
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp thyme
- ½ tsp bouillon powder
- pinch of salt and black pepper for baking the spaghetti squash
- parsley to garnish, optional
- pepper flakes to garnish, optional
How to prepare the spaghetti squash
Preheat your oven to 400 F.
Poke about 4 to 5 holes on each side of the spaghetti squash vertically.
Microwave for 3-4 minutes.
When done, allow to cool down a bit, then cut out the stem and cut open vertically.
Use a metal spoon to scoop away all the seeds from the center.
Use a brush to lightly apply some olive oil to it and sprinkle just a bit of salt and pepper.
Line a baking pan with parchment paper, and place the spaghetti squash face down on the parchment paper.
Put in the oven and set the timer for 30 minutes.
How to prepare spaghetti squash sauce
When the spaghetti squash has just 10 minutes left in the oven, chop the bell pepper and onions.
Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to a pan, then add the chopped onions.
After a minute, add the chopped bell peppers and stir for about 5 minutes on medium-low heat. Leave on low heat.
Bring out the spaghetti squash when done, and let cool down for a few minutes.
After cooling, grab a fork and remove as many strands as you can from the inside.
Add the spaghetti squash, bouillon powder, thyme, cayenne pepper, and salt to the pan with the veggies and stir for about 5 minutes.
Garnish with parsley and pepper flakes, if you wish, and you’re ready to eat!
This recipe serves 4 and has 9g net carbs per serving.
- Poke small holes in the spaghetti squash before putting it in the microwave to soften it.
- If you like your spaghetti firm in texture, 30 minutes is all you need. If you want it softer, leave for an extra 10 minutes in the oven.
- I like to use mostly the same spices since that’s what I have on hand. You can substitute with your favorites here.
- After shredding the spaghetti squash and adding it to the pan with the veggies, taste for salt BEFORE you add more spices. Remember, some salt and black pepper were already added before the spaghetti squash was put in the oven.
Calories: 110kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 93mg | Potassium: 286mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 615IU | Vitamin C: 15.1mg | Calcium: 56mg | Iron: 0.8mg